Guitars, Pedals, Amps: Ism!

Thursday 4 June 2009

House of Lies

So after publishing my article on how GREAT nitrocellulose lacquer is and how it is one of the main reasons I spent the extra cash when I purchased my American Vintage series '62 Telecaster a colleague of mine tells me that he has heard on the guitar grapevine that Fender apply their nitrocellulose finishes over a layer of polyurethane which would surely defeat the purpose!

If this is some way of Fender saving time and money over build quality then I do not think that is an acceptable excuse! I am calling on YOU the Guitarism masses (BOTH OF YOU) to find out if this is indeed the case and if so I will be writing an open letter to Fender to find out why this is the case.

1 comment:

  1. I will e-mail Jez today. Lets dig a little deeper shall we ?!

    ReplyDelete