Guitars, Pedals, Amps: Ism!

Friday 16 April 2010

Fender John Cruz Masterbuilt Jaguar Relic


Occasionally on my my travels around the Internet I come across a guitar that is so special it makes me do a little bit of a weep. One of my favourite haunts is Wildwood Guitars who are based in Louisville, Colorado who stock a hideous amount of Fender and Gibson Custom shop, so much so that they stock a model of Fender Custom Shop called the 'Wildwood 10' which you cannot buy anywhere else.

They lovingly update their website daily with glorious high resolution photos of their new arrivals and this Fender Custom Shop Jaguar Relic which arrived today is a very special guitar indeed. It's special because it epitomises everything a custom shop guitar should be, it's been masterbuilt by one of my favourite Luthiers, John Cruz (I've been lucky enough to play a couple of his stunning guitars before), it features a super spec but with subtle differences from your run of the mill custom guitar. The mould has been smashed with its hybrid Jaguar shape and '52 Tele spec, the finish and the relic work is stunning and the bigsby for me is the icing on the cake. If you've got a spare $5299.00 then I wouldn't hesitate to jump on this, if you haven't then you can only do the best that I can do, sit in front of your flickering monitor crying softly. Someone pass the Kleenex...

No comments:

Post a Comment